Fried tomato sauce
In about 18 minutes you can have a tasty homemade tomato sauce prepared in your Fagor pressure cooker, with a high nutritional content. Below, we tell you the steps to follow and what ingredients you need.
About 18 minutes
Utensil: Pressure cooker Duo
- Ripe chopped tomatoes (2 kg)
- White onion, diced (400 g)
- Carrot in cubes (250 g)
- Vegetable broth (250 ml)
- Garlic cloves (2 pcs.)
- Mild olive oil (100 ml)
- Chorizo pepper meat (1 c/s)
- Ground black pepper
1. Place your Fagor pressure cooker over the heat source and pour in the olive oil. Heat over medium heat until the oil starts to get hot.
2. Stir in the onion, garlic and carrot and sauté until the onion begins to turn transparent.
3. Add the tomato and continue to sauté for another 5 or 6 minutes.
4. Pour in the vegetable broth, season and flavour with the pepper and chorizo pepper meat.
5. Close the pan, select the lowest working pressure your pressure cooker model allows, and raise the heat source to full power.
6. Once the working pressure has been reached, reduce the intensity of the heat source to a minimum and leave it to cook for the time indicated, depending on the Fagor pressure cooker model
7. After the time has elapsed, let the pressure be released using the «1 Natural Pressure Release» method described in your pressure cooker manual.
8. Pass the sauce through a potato masher.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand