Letins stewed with chorizo
In less than 20 minutes you can cook the traditional lentils with chorizo, following our recipe you will achieve that taste of the lentils of a lifetime.
About 18 minutes
Utensil: Pressure cooker
- Pardina lentils (350 g)
- Chorizo de puchero (300 g)
- Ham bone (150 g)
- Onion (200 g)
- Garlic cloves (2 und.)
- Extra virgin olive oil (80 ml)
- Sweet paprika
1. Optionally, soak the lentils in cold water for at least 6 hours.
2. Place your Fagor pressure cooker on the heat source and add the lentils, ham bone, chorizo, onion and garlic.
3. Pour in cold water to cover, heat to medium-high and wait for the boiling to begin.
4. Lower the heat intensity to low power and remove the foam and impurities that appear on the surface.
5. Add the olive oil, season lightly and flavour with the paprika and a bay leaf.
6. Close the pot. If your pressure cooker model allows it, select working pressure II and raise the intensity of the heat source to full power.
7. Once the working pressure is reached, reduce the intensity of the heat source to a minimum and leave it to cook for the time indicated, depending on the Fagor pressure cooker model used.
8. After the time has elapsed, release the pressure using the «1 Eliminate pressure naturally» method described in the manual for your pressure cooker.
9. Remove the onion, garlic cloves and half a glass of cooking stock. Blend together with the paprika and return to the pot.
- CHEF EXTREME and CLASSIC models 14 – 16 minutes
- DUO, DUAL RAPID, LEVEL and RAPID XPRESS models in position I 12 – 14 minutes
- DUO, DUAL RAPID, LEVEL and RAPID XPRESS models in position II 08 – 10 minutes
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand