Traditional fish soup
In 25 minutes you can have a delicious fish soup prepared in the traditional style in a Fagor pressure cooker, with a high nutritional content. Below, we tell you the steps to follow and what ingredients you need.
About 25 minutes
Utensil: Pressure cooker
- White fish; monkfish, hake, scorpionfish, etc. (450 g)
- Shrimps or prawns, clean tails (200 g)
- Clams (16 und.)
- Finely chopped onion (150 g)
- Finely chopped leek (100 g)
- Garlic cloves (2 und.)
- Grated ripe tomatoes (100 g)
- Tomato concentrate, puree (60 g)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley (5 g)
- Fish stock, see recipe (1200 ml)
- Fine wine or chamomile (80 ml)
- Sweet paprika
- Ground white pepper
1. Place your Fagor pressure cooker over the heat source and pour in the olive oil. Heat over medium heat until the oil starts to get hot.
2. Add the fish, previously seasoned with salt and pepper, and let it brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
3. Repeat the same process with the shrimp or prawn tails.
4. Add the garlic, onion and leek and fry over medium-low heat until the onion begins to turn transparent.
5. Add the grated tomato and tomato concentrate, sauté for 3 or 4 minutes.
6. Sprinkle a teaspoon of paprika, stir quickly to prevent burning and drizzle with wine or chamomile. Allow to cook for a few seconds to evaporate the alcohol.
7. Pour in the fish stock, adjust the seasoning and flavour with the white pepper and parsley.
8. Close the pan, select the lowest working pressure your pressure cooker model allows and raise the heat source to full power.
9. Once the working pressure is reached, reduce the intensity of the heat source to a minimum and leave it to cook for the time indicated, depending on the Fagor pressure cooker model
10. After a while, release the pressure using the «1 Natural Pressure Release» method described in your pressure cooker manual.
11. As soon as the safety systems allow you to open the cooker, add the clams, fish and tails. Let the whole thing boil a little until the clams start to open.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand