In 10 minutes you can have a tasty onion soup prepared in your Fagor pressure cooker, with a high nutritional content. We will now tell you the steps to follow and what ingredients you need.
About 10 minutes
Utensil: Pressure cooker Duo
- White onion in julienne (800 g)
- Grated Parmesan or Emmenthal cheese (200 g)
- Butter (100 g)
- Vegetable broth (1 l)
- Mild olive oil (50 ml)
- Slices of toasted or fried bread (4 und.)
- Ground white pepper
1. Place your Fagor pressure cooker on a heat source and add the butter together with the mild olive oil. Heat on medium power until the butter begins to melt.
2. Add the onion, salt and pepper and fry until the onion starts to brown slightly.
3. Pour in vegetable broth and adjust seasoning.
4. Close the pan, select the lowest working pressure your pressure cooker model allows, and raise the heat source to full power.
5. Once the working pressure is reached, reduce the intensity of the heat source to a minimum and leave it to cook for the time indicated, depending on the Fagor pressure cooker model
6. After a while, release the pressure using the «1 Natural Pressure Release» method described in your pressure cooker manual.
7. To obtain the desired texture, crush part of the soup with the help of a blender or food processor, then reincorporate and mix well.
8. Serve the onion soup with the slices of toast on top, sprinkled with the cheese and au gratin.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand