Thighs of hens in pepitoria
In 45 minutes you can have some very tasty chicken thighs in a Fagor pressure cooker, with a high nutritional content. We will now tell you the steps to follow and what ingredients you need.
About 45 minutes
Utensil: Pressure cooker Duo
- Chicken thighs (4 und.)
- Chicken liver (150 g)
- Serrano ham in cubes (150 g)
- Onion cubes (300 g)
- Finely chopped garlic cloves (4 und.)
- Fried or toasted almonds (100 g)
- Slices of fried bread (4 und.)
- Chicken broth (500 ml)
- Extra virgin olive oil (100 ml)
- Dry white wine (150 ml)
- Ground black pepper
- Thyme, rosemary and oregano
- Laurel and cloves
1. Place your Fagor pressure cooker on a heat source, pour in the extra virgin olive oil and heat on medium power until the oil starts to heat up.
2. Mark the chicken thighs and chicken liver by turning occasionally until they are evenly browned. Remove and set aside.
3. Stir in the garlic and onion, and let fry for 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Add the ham and almonds, sauté for a few seconds and return the thighs and liver to the pot.
5. Water with the white wine and leave to cook for a few seconds to evaporate the alcohol.
6. Season lightly and flavour with all the herbs and spices except saffron.
7. Cover with the chicken stock and close the pot.
8. If your pressure cooker model allows it, select working pressure II and raise the intensity of the heat source to full power.
9. Once the working pressure is reached, reduce the intensity of the heat source to a minimum and leave it to cook for the time indicated, depending on the Fagor pressure cooker model
10. After a while, release the pressure using the «1 Natural Pressure Release» method described in your pressure cooker manual.
11. Remove the chicken thighs and blend the sauce together with the slices of bread and the saffron strands until a thin, even sauce is obtained.
12. Cover the thighs with the sauce and bring to a boil together.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand