Potato stew, Iberian bacon and cod
The potato, Iberian bacon and cod stew is a recipe that you can solve in less than 30 minutes. A hot and tasty dish with a varied nutritional content, perfect for getting through the winter.
About 15 minutes
- Peeled and cut red potatoes (600 g)
- Marinated and chopped Iberian bacon (200 g)
- Chopped or sliced cod (200 g)
- Spinach, fresh leaves (300 g)
- Finely chopped red onion (200 g)
- Finely chopped celery (100 g)
- Finely chopped garlic cloves (2 und.)
- Chicken broth (1400 ml)
- Extra virgin olive oil (50 ml)
- Ground black pepper
- Hot paprika DOP de la Vera (1 c/c)*
- Laurel (1 sheet)
- Finely chopped parsley
* c/c = coffee spoon
1. Pour the extra virgin olive oil into a pan of your Fagor cookware and heat over medium heat.
2. When it starts to get warm, add the garlic, onion and celery and sauté for 6 – 8 minutes.
3. Once the onion starts to turn transparent, add the bacon and potatoes and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the paprika, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the whole thing.
5. Pour in the chicken stock to cover and cover the pie plate. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the potato is almost done.
6. Stir in the cod and spinach leaves. Bring to a boil and sprinkle with parsley.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand