In less than 30 minutes you can have a delicious fabada prepared in a Fagor pressure cooker, with a great nutritional content. Below, we tell you the steps to follow and what ingredients you need.
About 30 minutes
Utensil: Pressure cooker
- Asturian Beans (400 g)
- Ham on the bone (250 g)
- Iberian bacon (250 g)
- Lacon (250 g)
- Asturian Chorizo (2 und.)
- Black pudding (1 unit)
- Onion (150 g)
- Garlic cloves (2 pcs.)
- Mild olive oil (60 ml)
1. Leave the beans to soak in cold water for at least 8 hours.
2. Place your Fagor pressure cooker on the heat source and add the fabes, ham, bacon, shoulder of pork, chorizo, black pudding, onion and garlic.
3. Pour in cold water until covered, heat to medium-high and wait for the boiling to begin.
4. Lower the heat intensity to low power and remove the foam and impurities that appear on the surface.
5. Add the olive oil, season lightly and flavour with a bay leaf.
6. Close the pot. If your pressure cooker model allows it, select working pressure II and raise the intensity of the heat source to full power.
7. Once the working pressure is reached, reduce the intensity of the heat source to a minimum and leave it to cook for the time indicated, depending on the Fagor pressure cooker model
8. After a while, release the pressure using the «1 Natural Pressure Release» method described in your pressure cooker manual.
9. Remove the onion, garlic cloves and half a glass of cooking stock. Blend together with the saffron strands and return to the pot.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand