Sweet potato, Iberian ham and mushroom croquettes
We all have our own recipe for kibble. Usually the one we’ve learned from our parents and grandparents. Here’s ours. We hope you enjoy it.
About 45 minutes
Utensils: Pressure cooker, tartan and frying pan
- Peeled sweet potato (600 g)
- Iberian ham in strips (150 g)
- Chopped mushrooms (200 g)
- Mozzarella or similar cheese (200 g)
- M size eggs (4 und.)
- Panko, breadcrumb flakes
- Sunflower oil
- Ground black pepper
1. Arrange the peeled, washed and chopped sweet potato in a Fagor pot. Season lightly and bring to a boil.
2. Keep cooking over medium heat until the sweet potato is tender, about 12 to 16 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a Fagor cast aluminium pan and when hot, sauté the ham and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, drain well from the cooking water and without letting them cool down, add the previously reserved stir-fry and the mozzarella cheese.
5. Mix well until you get a dense and homogeneous cream. Leave to cool in the refrigerator.
6. Form the croquettes and coat them with flour, beaten egg and panko.
7. Heat plenty of sunflower oil in a pan. If you have a thermometer, wait until the oil has reached 175-180 °C.
8. Fry the croquettes until golden and crispy.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand