Red lentil and sesame cream
Lentils are a great source of iron, and this variety is no less. Here is a useful recipe for introducing variety into the diet in a healthy way. Innovate with a dish as traditional as lentils.
About 25 minutes
- Washed red lentils (400 g)
- Chopped white onion (150 g)
- Carrot in pieces (100 g)
- Celery, chopped (100 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil (50 ml)
- Culinary liquid cream 18% M.G. (75 ml)
- Sesame oil (1 c/t)*
- Water or vegetable broth
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Finely chopped red onion (50 g)
- Roasted sesame seeds
- Finely chopped coriander
* (c/t) = teaspoon
1. Arrange a tall pot of your Fagor cookware over the heat source. Add the red lentils without soaking and then the white onion, carrot and celery.
2. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cover well with water or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
3. When it starts to boil, remove the foam that appears on the surface and add the extra virgin olive oil.
4. Turn down the heat source to medium-low and cook for about 25 minutes.
5. After this time, remove the pot from the heat source and allow to cool.
6. Pour in the liquid cream and sesame oil and blend with a blender or hand blender until you get a fine, even cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve the cream with the sesame seeds, chives and red onions.
Cantra s.l. manufactures and/or markets Fagor products under license of the Fagor brand